A Precious Child Is The April High 5 Plumbing Cares Nonprofit Recipient
A Precious Child assists children and families facing difficult life challenges such as abuse and neglect, crisis situations, and poverty.
They provide disadvantaged and displaced children with “Cradle to Career“ support to break the cycle of poverty by reducing socioeconomic inequalities, connecting them with needed resources, services, opportunities, and educational support.
High 5 Plumbing is thrilled to work with the team at A Precious Child and we are looking forward to volunteering at their facility later this April.
Who is A Precious Child?
This non-profit works with more than 546 Agency Partners throughout eight Denver Metro counties including Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld to identify children and families in the most need of their services.
Their work is done through the Empowerment Center where Case Managers provide wrap-around support to disadvantaged and displaced children and families, connecting them with needed resources, services, support, and educational opportunities.
Through five Economic Mobility Initiatives, A Precious Child bridges the gap in a child’s education and unmet needs so every child may become a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of the community.
How does this non-profit work?
Here’s how A Precious Child works at its core:
- Child and Family Advocacy – The Empowerment Center provides holistic resource navigation and case management through wrap-around support and education services to empower children and families on their path to self-sufficiency.
- Family Stability – Precious Essentials provides basic essentials such as clothing, coats, shoes, household goods, and hygiene items to families in need to help bridge the income gap so they can spend their limited resources on living expenses. Basics 4 Babies provides basic essentials such as diapers, wipes, and baby gear to families with infants who would otherwise ration or go without these necessities.
- Academic Success – Inspiring Minds provides access to STEM-based activities to children visiting A Precious Child’s Resource Center and through educational, take-home STEM Kits. Essentials provide educational support, such as computers, calculators, tutoring, and incentives to remove barriers to school attendance and improve educational outcomes for economically disadvantaged students. Fill A Backpack provides backpacks filled with grade-appropriate school supplies to children in need to maximize their academic potential.
- Social and Emotional Well-Being – giveARTS provides support for arts program costs associated with lessons, participation fees, instruments, and art supplies to children in need, giving them the opportunity to participate in activities that help them learn new skills and express themselves. giveSPORTS provides new and gently-used sports equipment along with support for sports program costs associated with registration, uniform, camp, and participation fees to children in need, giving them the opportunity to participate in activities that help them feel a sense of normalcy alongside their peers. Precious Gift provides gifts to children who would otherwise go without during monumental times in their lives such as birthdays and during the holiday seasons.
- Workforce Development – Precious Perks provides opportunities through A Precious Child’s Social Enterprise Coffee and Gift Shop for youth, 16-24-year-olds, who are currently out of school and without employment, helping them with training, obtaining, and retaining employment.
Why did this get started?
Unfortunately, more than 250,000 children live below the Colorado Self-Sufficiency Standard in A Precious Child’s eight-county service area. A Precious Child’s Empowerment Center provided case management and wrap-around services to children and caregivers.
These resource navigation, support, and educational services empower children and their families on their path to self-sufficiency, providing housing referrals, utility assistance, mental health referrals, employment opportunities, food assistance and other required basic essentials.
How can we help as a community?
If you’re interested in supporting A Precious Child, there are quite a few ways you can contribute:
- Donate Funds
- Donate Goods
- Host a Drive
- Be a Sponsor
- Take a Tour
- Other Ways To Give – Click Here For More
As always, 100% of proceeds from our merchandise at www.high5colorado.com are also donated. We are looking forward to this partnership and we can’t wait to follow A Precious Child as they grow and support our communities here in Colorado!