Clothes to Kids of Denver Is The May High 5 Cares Nonprofit Recipient
We are excited to announce this partnership with the local nonprofit Clothes to Kids of Denver (CTKD)!
CTKD’s mission is to provide new and quality used clothing to students from low-income or in-crisis families in the Denver Metro Area, free of charge.
Who are Clothes to Kids of Denver?
CTKD strives to make visitors feel comfortable and provide each and every family with a high level of service.
This is not a consignment store and the organization distributes all of the items that are donated to students in the community for free!
Their boutique stocks a wide selection of clean, stylish, top-quality clothing in all departments. Students shop in a welcoming, store-like environment where they are treated with the utmost respect.
How does this non-profit work?
The Clothes To Kids of Denver Wardrobe consists of:
- 5 tops
- 4 bottoms (shorts/pants/skirts and/or dresses)
- 1 additional dress or skirt (optional)
- 5 pairs of new underwear
- 5 pairs of new socks
- 1 bra (optional)
- 1 pair of shoes
- 1 coat or jacket
- Extras (accessories, school supplies, etc – if available)
More than 207,000 students in the Denver Metro Area qualify to shop at CTKD. The reason they can help as many families as they do is because of the regular clothing donations from the community that fills this store.
How can we help as a community?
When there is a steady stream of donations coming in, CTKD can serve more students. When you donate your clothing to CTKD, those items go directly to students in need or in crisis free of charge. This organization is always in need of individual clothing donations. Please remember that all donated clothing should be:
- New or gently used (Would you give it to a friend?)
- Clean and ready-to-wear (no stains, holes, or broken zippers)
- Current styles (purchased in the last 3-5 years)
- Age-appropriate for youth and teens (sizes 4T through young adult)
Learn more about the organization’s greatest needs and more donation guidance by clicking this link.
- Adult volunteers are always needed for any of the opportunities listed in the link above, especially during times when the store is open to serve shoppers. To maintain client privacy, volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and high school graduates to help shoppers in the front of the store. Please note that most volunteer positions for adults require a background check.
- Youth volunteers are invited to process clothing donations at the store. Youth volunteers must be in 9th – 12th grade and may volunteer without an adult. Remote volunteer opportunities are available for youth in 5th – 8th grade. Any student under the age of 18 can become a Student Ambassador.
- Groups of 3-10 people from businesses, clubs, congregations, and community organizations are invited to serve at Clothes To Kids for one-time opportunities or on an ongoing basis.
You can find more information on volunteering by clicking this link.
Keep in mind there are MANY ways to support CTKD via donations, including:
- Donate by Mail
- Employer Matching Gifts
- Donate Clothing & Shoes
- Support While You Shop (via AmazonSmile and King Soopers Community Rewards)
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser
- Planned Gifts, Bequests, & Stock Donations
Get more details on donations by clicking this link.
We look forward to embarking on this journey with Clothes for Kids of Denver. As always, 100% of proceeds from our merchandise are also donated to our nonprofit of the month!